HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 am

My favorite WIP flick...

A woman named Terry (the super fine Anitra Ford) is taken hostage by Django (Sid Haig) during a robbery with his girlfriend/partner-in-crime Blossom (Pam Grier). When he sets Terry free she's mistaken by the cops as an accomplice and taken to an all-women's prison being overseen by homosexual guards, the centerpiece of which is the titular "Big Bird Cage"- a sugar mill in which the inmates are forced to work.

Later Django & Blossom hatch a plan to break into the prison to free the prisoners in an attempt to boost the ranks of their group of revolutionaries.

This one's a lot of fun. You've got all the staples of the genre one would expect, and more with some interesting twists and subplots along the way.

Highly recommended!

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Is there anywhere to find this DVD for less than like $30. I have a hard time justifying a blind buy on flicks like this when they are so expensive. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 pm

It's really cheap in the UK you could always import it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
GuillotineSmile

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

You already know how I feel about this one. It's truly an original as far as WIPs go. Chained Heat and Reform School Girls are up there for me, too. Oh - and the grandmother of them all - Caged[1950]. The dialogue is badass, alone. I thought I loved Women in Fury a great deal when I saw it for the first time 7 years ago, but after a rewatch it dropped down to the bottom. Escape From Cellblock 3 holds a special place in my heart. I watched that one with my bf before he went to prison.

and the women are quite hot - especially anita. but the Filipinas are quite the lookers[not all of them, mind you]

Dude, I just realized that Abby was in The Big Birdcage. That's where I recognized that ho. I see she is in the Mack, too. I've yet to obtain that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:32 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:
Is there anywhere to find this DVD for less than like $30. I have a hard time justifying a blind buy on flicks like this when they are so expensive. Neutral

If there's 1 WIP flick worth 30 bucks, IMO it's BIRD CAGE.

When I ordered it from Amazon, either it or DOLL HOUSE cost me a little over $20. Don't remember which, but I thought it was DOLL HOUSE (which is almost as good!).

They don't have any new or used for cheaper than 30 now?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:36 pm

dolemike wrote:
BurtonOblivion wrote:

If there's 1 WIP flick worth 30 bucks, IMO it's the Female Prisoner Scorpion movies.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
dolemike wrote:
BurtonOblivion wrote:

If there's 1 WIP flick worth 30 bucks, IMO it's the Female Prisoner Scorpion movies.

I agree.

Psssh. Rolling Eyes

BBC makes the SCORPION flicks seem like you've been forced to watch C-Span for 18 hours straight.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 = In my mind the best exploitation movie ever.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 = In my mind the best exploitation movie ever.
It was alright, but it takes itself too seriously considering how goofy it really is.

A little tongue in cheek humor would go a long way toward making that stuff more interesting.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Yeah maybe so but it's a nice change of pace. Sure I like the more 'fun' films like The Streetfighter, but I'll accept an exploitation filmmaker who wants to go in an 'artsy' direction with open arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)   

Back to top Go down

THE BIG BIRD CAGE (1972)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1