HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:36 am

Any one else seen this one?

This very dark, grim, sick little flick is probably the nastiest of all the nazisploitation flicks I've seen. Not as graphic as the ILSA films or certain parts of SS HELL CAMP, it relies more on insinuation for it's shock and disgust value. That's not to say there aren't any grotesqueries on display, but they're usually hindered by poor effects or shown very briefly which actually works to make them more disturbing when combined with the explanations of what you are seeing or taken in context of what's transpiring.

Like most of these films, it's very slow, but there is a story happening here.

A young woman picks up an older man and together they travel to what we discover is the ruins of a Nazi concentration camp.

Cue flashback: This camp was run by Commandant Starker as a "Love Camp"where German soldiers could relax and get their jollies. One prisoner proves a tough nut to crack as she doesn't flinch, scream, or otherwise show emotion no matter what happens to her or her fellow prisoners. Her name is Lise and she has no will to live as she feels she's responsible for the death of her family at the hands of the Nazis. This makes Starker even more compelled to break her and he goes to various extremes to get her to crack. He's also becoming more and more sexually attracted to her because of her cold indifference and makes her a sex slave. I won't go any further here, but there's plenty of nastiness involved along the way.

As we near the end, we now know that the woman from the beginning is Lise and the man is Starker and whatever happens in a Nazi death camp doesn't always stay in a Nazi death camp.

It took me 2 viewings to realize that director Cesare Canevari was actually trying to make a real film here in spite of all the exploitation trappings which hinder that conceit. It really does work and it's more due to things working on a psychological level than a purely viceral one. It becomes clear that this film gets under ones skin by design- not accident and the occasional shitty SFX don't hinder it that much. The grim tone stifles even the unintentional humor.

This ain't for everyone. Like I said, it took me a 2nd viewing to even give this a partial fair shake and it's extemely oppressive atmosphere doesn't help the slow pacing.

But there's something about it that works on a different level than others of it's kind. Or maybe it's on the same level- just better executed (no pun intended).

View at your own risk.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:10 pm

I need to pick this one up. I'm not impressed with the nazisploitation I've gotten so far but I'll try anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:42 pm

I managed to pick that disc up myself after having watched 10th generation video copies of it....always been a big fan of this and SALON KITTY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:27 pm

ZebedyCostello wrote:
SALON KITTY.
Really been meaning to check this out, if only because I love Helmut Berger (in Visconti's The Damned especially!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   Thu May 01, 2008 7:27 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:
ZebedyCostello wrote:
SALON KITTY.
Really been meaning to check this out, if only because I love Helmut Berger (in Visconti's The Damned especially!)

Check it out, you wont be disappointed!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)   

Back to top Go down

LAST ORGY OF THE THIRD REICH (aka CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER or THE GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1