HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:31 pm

The Trip

Stars Peter Fonda, Susan Strasberg, Bruce Dern, Dennis Hopper, Salli Sachse
Directors: Roger Corman
Theatrical Release Date: August 23, 1967
Synopsis Paul Groves (Peter Fonda), a television commercial director, is in the midst of a personality crisis. His wife Sally (Susan Strasberg) has left him and he seeks the help of his friend John (Bruce Dern), a self-styled guru who's an advocate of LSD. Paul asks John to be the guide on his first "trip". John takes Paul to a "freak-out" at his friend Max's (Dennis Hopper) pad. Splitting the scene, they score some acid from Max and return to John's split-level pad with an indoor pool. Paul experiences visions of sex, death, strobe lights, flowers, dancing girls, witches, hooded riders, a torture chamber, and a dwarf. He panics but John tells him to "go with it, man." Would you trust John?

Written by Jack Nicholson and stars Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper how can you lose?

Watched this film last night and it was so much better than expected. Fonda pulls off his role so convincingly. Has anyone else seen it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:45 pm

I've seen it, but it's been awhile ago and the nature of it makes it hard to remember anything more than a barrage of weirdness.

But I liked it. I enjoy barrages of weirdness!

Having dropped acid before, I can definitely say from experience that taking John's advice is the only thing you can do! Laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:52 pm

I thought it was great, especially going in to it with absolutely no expectations. The direction is... really out there. It's your chair man.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 pm

I'd have loved to hang out with Dern, Hopper, Nicholson and their gang in their Corman years of the late 60' & early 70's. flower

Crazy fuckers, they were!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Have you watched the extras on the disc? Corman talks about how he took lsd and while high thought that he had invented some new art form that you could sense by looking in grass. And you could send your art to each other by doing it... or something. Laughing

I would've loved to have grown up in the 60s period. Growing up in this time (aside from the internet+torrents) blows.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Have you watched the extras on the disc? Corman talks about how he took lsd and while high thought that he had invented some new art form that you could sense by looking in grass. And you could send your art to each other by doing it... or something. Laughing

I would've loved to have grown up in the 60s period. Growing up in this time (aside from the internet+torrents) blows.

I haven't seen any extras, but I knew about the grass thing.

I used it years ago to tell Rog that Jim Wynorski was the director of the future.

But I was really high at the time.

Rog has never grass-phoned me since. Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 am

HA! We actually formulated the mood of some of this into our short film Zombie a Go Go! This is some good stuff. Now if I can only finish up that short.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trip   

Back to top Go down

The Trip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1