HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Wed May 07, 2008 6:04 am

So recently I came to the realization that I really needed to see all of the Nazisploitation I could. I'm well aware that this is a fairly small subgenre, containing only a handful of films that are even worth looking at... but fuck it!

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of it readily available on DVD. Here's what I've come up with:

SALON KITTY (1977) - Kitty runs a brothel in Nazi Germany where the soldiers come to "relax". Recording devices have been installed in each room by a power hungry army official who plans to use the information to blackmail Hitler and gain power himself. A girl named Margherita discovers the little ploy and with Kitty's help plans to take on the dangerous task of exposing the conspiracy.

ILSA, SHE-WOLF OF THE S.S. (1975) - Ilsa is an evil Nazi warden at a death camp that conducts "medical experiments". Ilsa's goal is to prove that woman can withstand more pain and suffering than men and therefore should be allowed to fight on the front lines.

SS HELL CAMP (1977) - A beautiful, nefarious senior female SS officer/doctor (Magall) creates a genetic, mutant human Beast (half man/half beast). The Beast is a rapacious, squat, mongoloid sex fiend which she uses to torture and molest female prisoners while the Nazis watch. The vertically challenged beast is kept on a diet of mega-aphrodisiacs.

SS EXPERIMENT (1976) - In this film the poor female POW's get raped and groped by all and sundry at the camp. In an amusing comic twist the commandant decides he wants a new pair of testicles and so removes them from one of the hunky guards. The guard doesn't seem to realise he's been castrated until he goes to bonk one of the French prisoners.

CALIGULA REINCARNATED AS HITLER (1977) - Also known as Gestapo's Last Orgy. Lise Cohen is taken to a special prisoner-of-war camp for female Jews, a camp run as a bordello to entertain the German officers and troops going in to battle. The camp is run with an iron fist by Commandant Starker and his minion Alma. Starker becomes frustrated when Lise demonstrates no fear, and devises cruel experiments to scare her, to no avail. Once she realizes her guilt is unfounded, Lise begins to play Starker's game, but even though she begins living a better life, she doesn't forget the atrocities she has seen and experienced.

ELSA FRAULEIN (1977) - To improve the morale of the German officers, a train with beautiful girls is arranged to entertain them when on leave.

SS GIRLS (1977) - Top Nazi officials, intent on rooting out traitors and those in the military who may be plotting to overthrow Adolf Hitler, recruit and train a group of beautiful prostitutes whose mission is to use any means necessary to uncover plots against the Fuhrer. Directed by the great BRUNO MATTEI!

SS CAMP- WOMEN'S HELL (1977) - During the last days of WW2, several female prisoners arrive at Camp 5 to work as sex slaves for officers and guinea pigs for horrific experiments by Nazi doctors who are trying to find a cure for burns. But these women are not going to die without a fight... Can they stay alive until the closing Red army comes to their rescue?

And I hesitate to include this, as it isn't really exploitive at all, but is none-the-less considered a forebear of this genre (fortunately, or unfortunately):
THE NIGHT PORTER (1974) - The dark and melancholy story of a former teenage Nazi concentration camp inmate, Lucia, and the S.S. officer who was her torturer/lover, Max , who accidentally meet again in a Vienna hotel in 1957 where Max works as the night porter. They resume their sadomasochistic relationship, although Max's former S.S. comrades have something different in mind for them. The story unfolds like a gruesome dance of death.

I have only seen a handful of the above films, and am aware of probably 10-15 others that I cannot find on DVD (which is a shame in some cases, as it seems a lot of the best films of the genre are not available currently.)

I mostly would like to get recommendations, etc. What's good? What's bad? What's fun? What's boring (other than all of them!)? Are there any good bootlegs available out there? Where? How do you feel about this most despicable of exploitation sub-genres? Etc.

Seig Heil!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 pm

I have...

Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS + Sequels thought they aren't nazisploitation.
SS Girls
SS Camp Woman's Hell
SS Experiment Love Camp
She Devil's of the SS

I've only watched SS Girls and I didn't like it much at all... hell I think it was the most nonerotic sexploitation film I've ever seen. Sure it has plenty of nudity but it was filmed in such a way that it was just blah... then again Bruno Mattei isn't the best director to introduce you to a genre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Wed May 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I've got:
ILSA SHE WOLF... (and the other 2 in the set)
SS EXPERIMENT
DEPORTED WOMEN OF THE SS SPECIAL SECTION
SS HELL CAMP
CALIGULA REINCARNATED...

If an entire genre could be summed up as "disappointing" it's the nazisploitation genre.

ILSA's great and I like CALIGULA REINCARNATED... which took a couple watches to get into, but the rest are pretty much the epitome of "lost opportunity" in a genre that holds so much promise for sleaze & nastiness of extraordinary magnitude.

If there was ever a genre Fulci should've dabbled in it's this one.

He'd have showed 'em how to do it. Nobody else could realize their own misogyny on film like ol' Lucio.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 pm

It's a shame someone didn't really utilize the genre to the fullest. I don't think anyone would get away with making one now.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Thu May 08, 2008 4:38 am

Dolemike, have you watched SS Hell Camp? Of all the Nazisploit that I haven't ordered yet, it sounds like the most promising, at least in terms of potentially delivering lols. Truth?

Also, has anyone noticed any Nazi stuff on any bootleg sites they buy from? If so, links plz.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Thu May 08, 2008 7:23 am

BurtonOblivion wrote:
Dolemike, have you watched SS Hell Camp? Of all the Nazisploit that I haven't ordered yet, it sounds like the most promising, at least in terms of potentially delivering lols. Truth?

Also, has anyone noticed any Nazi stuff on any bootleg sites they buy from? If so, links plz.
How can someone fuck up such a promising concept of a hot nazi scientist who uses a caged ape-man to try to breed a master race who ends up raping them to death or eating them instead?

You fill the movie with incredibly dull footage from the director's previous war film and skimp on the aforementioned good stuff.

There's plenty worse, and if you like the other sleazier,nastier entries, in spite of the boring stretches, a guy could probably dig this one too. But to me it's all the more more aggravating for having missed it's potential for being a legendary exploitation epic by concentrating more heavily on the scientist, her experiments and the monster.

On the plus side, there's the stuff mentioned above and other assorted nastiness, and the integrated footage and other scenes featuring a resistance movement do open things up a bit from the usual set bound claustrophobia of most of these flicks.

It so fucking easily could've been great but turned out so mediocre and mostly boring that it might be the most annoying of all nazisploit flicks, but it's still better than most.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Thu May 08, 2008 2:29 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:

I got She Devils of the SS off of Bit HQ... but you have to be a member and they only open their doors for signups once a month unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Thu May 08, 2008 7:33 pm

I just got my copy of the SS Hell Pack triple feature in the mail, and must say I'm pleasantly surprised with the package! Frankly, these films probably don't deserve better than the Mill Creek/Diamond treatment, but instead Mediablasters has really delivered, with individual, fullsize cases, in a cardboard display box. This is the first of these sort of mediablasters triple feature exploitation sets I've purchased, but you can be damn sure It won't be the last.

Also, I'm just finishing up watching Salon Kitty right now... Bleh. What a crying shame! Helmut Berger(The Damned) and Ingrid Thulin(Wild Strawberries, The Silence), two fabulous actors involved previously in highbrow arthouse stuff couldn't save this one from being about an hour too long (seriously, two hours is FARRRRR too long for a film of this sort) with such a thin plot. The eroticism is weak. The shock is laughable. The performances are decent for what ends up being a slow moving, sexless softcore show with a few visually attractive set ups.

SALON KITTY- 2.5/5
Back to top Go down
PrettyFly

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:

And I hesitate to include this, as it isn't really exploitive at all, but is none-the-less considered a forebear of this genre (fortunately, or unfortunately):
THE NIGHT PORTER (1974) - The dark and melancholy story of a former teenage Nazi concentration camp inmate, Lucia, and the S.S. officer who was her torturer/lover, Max , who accidentally meet again in a Vienna hotel in 1957 where Max works as the night porter. They resume their sadomasochistic relationship, although Max's former S.S. comrades have something different in mind for them. The story unfolds like a gruesome dance of death.

I'm not into the Nazisploitation genre but the "Night Porter" caught my attention with a few stills i saw on the net. The movie looked visually appealing to me and when i read up on it, it seemed interesting enough so I've ordered it on DVD. Will receive it in the next few days, what should i expect? (bearing in mind i haven't bought this for the exploitation element)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Fri May 30, 2008 6:21 pm

PrettyFly wrote:
BurtonOblivion wrote:

I'm not into the Nazisploitation genre but the "Night Porter" caught my attention with a few stills i saw on the net. The movie looked visually appealing to me and when i read up on it, it seemed interesting enough so I've ordered it on DVD. Will receive it in the next few days, what should i expect? (bearing in mind i haven't bought this for the exploitation element)

It's an engaging, beautifully shot arthouse film with a few mildly disturbing scenes, and some intensely disturbing subtextual themes. The scene where Lucia performs topless in SS regalia in the officer's club has become one of my favorite scenes in a film, ever, since seeing the film a month or so ago. The eroticism is so thick you could cut it with a knife, but there is also the underlying knowledge of her relationship with Max, which is... fucked.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 pm

I have not really gotten into this yet. I just want to know, what is so good about it? Why do you guys and gals like it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Not much! From what I've watched I'm not that impressed.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Fri May 30, 2008 8:14 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Not much! From what I've watched I'm not that impressed.
Oh ok. I am always willing to try new things but the idea of it sickens me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Fri May 30, 2008 9:35 pm

It isn't that I'm morally opposed to it. The genre just never seems to deliver judging from what I've seen. If you want thematic sexploitation go for Nuns instead.
Back to top Go down
SethDLH

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 am

well i've been meaning to check out this genre for a little while now and stumbled across some good finds in a local record store including SS Hell Camp (among other good finds) for $4 used. even though i've heard this isn't a great one i figured its worth it. if i dont like the film it will make for funny stories anytime casual movie watching friends ask what the hell it is. haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:33 am

never mind

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:08 am

SS Hell Camp wasn't even worth the $4 i spent on it. One scene involving throwing a baby into the air and shooting it was the only entertaining part and that was funnier then it was dispicable. There was no plot and... thats about it. That said, I didn't hate the movie I was just really bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!   Today at 11:57 pm

Back to top Go down

NAZISPLOITATION BONANZA!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1