HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:38 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082431/

Saw this one on late-night HBO as a kid...

Gory, ALIEN-inspired sci-fi flick from the Roger Corman camp starring Edward (THE HOUSE WHERE EVIL DWELLS) Albert, Sid Haig, Robert Englund, Grace (TWIN PEAKS) Zabriskie, Erin ('Joanie' from HAPPY DAYS & JOANIE LOVES CHACHI) Moran, the late great Ray (THE STAND, MY FAVORITE MARTIAN) Walston, and future soft-core director/producer (RED SHOE DIARIES, 9 1/2 WEEKS) Zalman King in an acting role.

Also notable are the people working behind the scenes. A few recognizable names include James Cameron (2nd unit director, also helped create the "visual palette" of the film), Bill Paxton (set decorator/carpenter), Dennis & Robert Skotak and Tony Randel (visual effects), and the notorious David DeCoteau (uncredited production asst.).

The basic plot is thus:
"As a lone spaceship proceeds on its long voyage across space, the crew are surprised to encounter a strange pyramid form. Surprise turns to horror as one by one, they discover that their darkest nightmares are all starting to become real. The pyramid has to be behind it all somehow, but how can they save themselves from its influence?"

The worthless shitball EVENT HORIZON clearly ripped this off (along with Disney's THE BLACK HOLE)so much that it practically qualifies as a remake.

There's an excellent, in-depth article on this film in the June issue of FANGORIA (articles like this being the reason I haven't dropped the mag). The ish with HELLBOY 2 on the cover. It's a damn good read.

To my knowledge there hasn't been a legit DVD of this put to market, but the Fango article suggests there may be one forthcoming in the near future.

Anyone hears any word on a DVD release- LET ME KNOW!

I'm dying to buy this sucker!

PostSubject: Re: GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)   Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:54 pm

I saw this in a movie theater when I was a kid and it freaked the crap out of me. I had nightmares because of it. *shkes fist at film*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimpickens

PostSubject: Re: GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)   Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:21 am

Saw this one on HBO late night as well ( back when HBO was still good) one of the best Alien ripoffs next to Horror Planet and Creature to come out. It's a shame they don't make them like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)   

Back to top Go down

GALAXY OF TERROR (1981)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1