HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Race With the Devil(1975)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmyers

PostSubject: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 am

Not sure if this is carsploitation, but it is a pretty damn good film.

Frank and Roger and their wives take off for Colorado in a recreational vehicle, looking forward to some skiing and dirt biking. While camping en route, they witness a Satanic ritual sacrifice, but the local sheriff finds no evidence to support their claims and urges them to continue on their vacation. On the way, however, they find themselves repeatedly attacked by cult members, and they take measures to defend themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 am

I like this flick a lot.

Great story, lots of action. It's pretty much just one big, extended chase

The first time I saw it,I loved it but thought the ending could've used something. But after it stewed around in my head for a few hours that turned into days, that turned into-well, you get the picture, I think any other way would've diluted it's impact and lasting power.

And how often do you get two of the greatest exploitation actors ever like Peter Fonda & Warren Oates in the same film?

Not fucking often enough!

Individually, their names mean quality 'sploit, but together?

We're talking 'THE SHIT'.

I don't know what the fuck the deal is with certain Youtube vids and why some work and others don't, but I managed to find another trailer:

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:45 pm

dolemike wrote:
I like this flick a lot.

The first time I saw it,I loved it but thought the ending could've used something. But after it stewed around in my head for a few hours that turned into days, that turned into-well, you get the picture, I think any other way would've diluted it's impact and lasting power.

And how often do you get two of the greatest exploitation actors ever like Peter Fonda & Warren Oates in the same film?

I don't know what the fuck the deal is with certain Youtube vids and why some work and others don't, but I managed to find another trailer:
lol! Yes it is a great flick, I love the ending. Sorry about the wrong section, and that is irking me with youtube, it must be this server cause it was doing it on my site too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:58 pm

mmyersisgod wrote:
dolemike wrote:
I like this flick a lot.

lol! Yes it is a great flick, I love the ending. Sorry about the wrong section, and that is irking me with youtube, it must be this server cause it was doing it on my site too.

Yeah, the Youtube shit really pisses me off. Mad

I can't tell you how many times I'll find a kick-ass trailer for something I'd really like to include in a thread/post but can't.

It's weird that it only happens with certain ones. scratch

Don't worry about the threads that I moved, where certain things go is a bit iffy.

Just as long as you can find them when they're moved and don't think they've been deleted! Laughing

Back on topic... Looking at the trailer I posted, I can't believe I forgot to mention that the great character actor RG Armstrong is in this! Also, having looked up the film and being reminded that that 'Franklin' from TEXAS CHAINSAW, Paul Partain has a small role!

Yeah, I dig this film quite a bit. Great action/chase/horror mash-up!

Wish/hope there's some more flicks like this that I have yet to discover! alien

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 pm

dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
dolemike wrote:
I like this flick a lot.

I can't tell you how many times I'll find a kick-ass trailer for something I'd really like to include in a thread/post but can't.

Don't worry about the threads that I moved, where certain things go is a bit iffy.

Just as long as you can find them when they're moved and don't think they've been deleted! Laughing

Back on topic... Looking at the trailer I posted, I can't believe I forgot to mention that the great character actor RG Armstrong is in this! Also, having looked up the film and being reminded that that 'Franklin' from TEXAS CHAINSAW, Paul Partain has a small role!

PAUL PARTAIN WAS IN THIS! Who did he play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 pm

mmyersisgod wrote:
dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
dolemike wrote:
I like this flick a lot.

PAUL PARTAIN WAS IN THIS! Who did he play?

IMDB says 'Cal Mathers'.

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:20 am

A true classic. This movie scared the crap out of me when I was a little kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Mon May 25, 2009 3:45 am

HUGE letdown for me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Sat May 30, 2009 8:12 pm

EddieDingle wrote:
HUGE letdown for me...
What didn't you like about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 am

mmyers wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
HUGE letdown for me...
What didn't you like about it?

drawn out, boring, no suspense. Just generic 70's shit...that wasnt "so bad its good"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race With the Devil(1975)   

Back to top Go down

Race With the Devil(1975)
Page 1 of 1