HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067487/

"A wealthy English lord is suffering a mental breakdown following the death of his red-headed wife, Evelyn, whom he feared was cheating on him. He tours local bars and dives, scouring for lovely red-heads willing to come back to his decaying castle in the country, where he seduces them, then tortures and kills them. His friend the doctor talks him into marrying again to help heal his slowly-rotting mind, which he does--but are the doctor's orders really what he needs?"

Excellent giallo with a gothic horror touch from underrated maestro Emilio Miraglia.

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 am

Been sitting on my shelf too long. Maybe tonight's the night...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 am

WOW.

I just watched THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE... What a great flick.

I don't know if it's because I've not watched any gialli for a while, and just was in the right mood for it, or if it was just that good. The ending is a real mindfuck... in the best way possible.

The gothic elements were wonderful, and are probably what makes Miraglia one of my favorite directors to have worked in the genre. His films are stylish in a hip 60's/70's way, but also share a lot of common elements with the Corman Poe films.

I feel like EVELYN may not get the credit it deserves actually. Most discussions of Miraglia that I've read seem to play up how good RED QUEEN is without really acknowledging how great EVELYN is. While I still feel that RED QUEEN is the superior work... EVELYN was pretty fucking great...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
rm237

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm

wow....did I ever not like this. Maybe I was not in the right mood or something?? I just couldn't get into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hammer_fangirl

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 am

I really enjoyed this movie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SethDLH

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 am

i was winning an original lobby card for this movie on ebay recently, and after i bid the seller messaged me to let me know he forgot to add that it was a post card sized reprint. needless to say i cancelled the bid. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colonel Mortimer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 am

SethDLH wrote:
i was winning an original lobby card for this movie on ebay recently, and after i bid the seller messaged me to let me know he forgot to add that it was a post card sized reprint. needless to say i cancelled the bid. Mad

Man that's some misleading shit. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
dolemike
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:06 am

SethDLH wrote:
Probably the post card that comes in the box set.

What an asshole.

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:21 am

dolemike wrote:
SethDLH wrote:

What an asshole.

yea, it was. as soon as he said that i realized it. it pissed me off, but at least he was honest enough to tell me and then not have a problem when i told him i'm cancelling my bid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stank of Mangina

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:32 am

SethDLH wrote:
dolemike wrote:
SethDLH wrote:

What an asshole.

yea, it was. as soon as he said that i realized it. it pissed me off, but at least he was honest enough to tell me and then not have a problem when i told him i'm cancelling my bid

thats better then him just letting you think it was normal sized and then you wasting the money on a postcard lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuillotineSmile

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:36 pm

I was soaking up the first part of the film, but the transfer had me stop it. After some research, I discovered that there really is no edition of great quality. But I can say this for sure - it's a movie I was captivated with more than almost any other Italian film from that age. Since it was double-billed on The House by the Edge of the Park - I didn't expect it to be but ho hum, recycled Italitrash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
findmy012

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 pm

I really enjoyed this movie.

Cellulari Dual Sim
online phd programs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)   

Back to top Go down

THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1