HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Truck Turner

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Truck Turner   Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:56 am

Truck is a bounty hunter who gets a job to track down a guy named Gator. When he and his partner find him, a chase ensues and Gator is killed. This makes Gator's woman, Dorinda, very angry and she puts a hit on Truck. The man who agrees to kill Truck is named Blue. The question is whether Truck can survive with Blue and his gang on his trail.

Has anyone seen this film before? I just saw a trailer for it and it looks great. It has Isaac Hayes in the lead so it must at least be a bit entertaining!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploitnation.bigforumpro.com
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Truck is a bounty hunter who gets a job to track down a guy named Gator. When he and his partner find him, a chase ensues and Gator is killed. This makes Gator's woman, Dorinda, very angry and she puts a hit on Truck. The man who agrees to kill Truck is named Blue. The question is whether Truck can survive with Blue and his gang on his trail.

Has anyone seen this film before? I just saw a trailer for it and it looks great. It has Isaac Hayes in the lead so it must at least be a bit entertaining!

Going to see it on the big screen Saturday night, with another exploitation film then Gremlins 2! I WIN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.screamindemon.com/
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:11 am

Wah. If I didn't hate big cities I'd to move to where you live.
Back to top Go down
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:19 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Wah. If I didn't hate big cities I'd to move to where you live.
Trust me. I hate big cities too. NY and Chicago are totally different then LA. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 am

This movie's a blast.

As a matter of fact, this was going to be the first movie I was going to make a thread for!

Isaccis great, but wait 'til you get a load of Nichelle Nichols foul-mouthed pimpstress!

Quite the far cry from playing Lt. Uhura on STAR TREK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:52 am

Dole's gonna kill me but meh to Truck Turner. It was good but there's no way I'm wanting to watch it again. SOrry man. Didn't do it for me. Thought it had some great scenes, but overall, no need to watch again.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:09 am

Bonomonomo wrote:
Dole's gonna kill me but meh to Truck Turner. It was good but there's no way I'm wanting to watch it again. SOrry man. Didn't do it for me. Thought it had some great scenes, but overall, no need to watch again.
I expected no less from someone who sucks at watching movies as much as you do. Rolling Eyes

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
I expected no less from someone who sucks at watching movies as much as you do. Rolling Eyes

Sorry dude. Just bored the shit outta me. At least Coffy had good pacing and a hot chick working for it. Issac Hayes was good but the movie just crawled.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Sorry dude. Just bored the shit outta me. At least Coffy had good pacing and a hot chick working for it. Issac Hayes was good but the movie just crawled.

You were probably just tired or bored after the 1st movie.

I just watched it again last night. It moves along just fine.

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:16 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

This film you won't get me to agree with you on. Sorry. The first film was very entertaining...over the top and cheesy, and it had a good pace. This film just paled in comparison. Sorry, that you think my taste sucks but I'm not going to agree with you on every xploitation film.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:26 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

This film you won't get me to agree with you on. Sorry. The first film was very entertaining...over the top and cheesy, and it had a good pace. This film just paled in comparison. Sorry, that you think my taste sucks but I'm not going to agree with you on every xploitation film.

I do think it's funny that you act like it sucks over here, but at BD you give it a 6.5. Razz

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:30 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

I do think it's funny that you act like it sucks over here, but at BD you give it a 6.5. Razz

I never said it sucks...I said it didn't do it for me. Meaning that...while it was good to watch...I don't ever need to watch it again and rewatchability is what I look for after all the usual stuff (cinematography, acting, script, etc.)
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

I never said it sucks...I said it didn't do it for me. Meaning that...while it was good to watch...I don't ever need to watch it again and rewatchability is what I look for after all the usual stuff (cinematography, acting, script, etc.)
Whatever you say Roger Ebert Jr.

Those who like to watch movies for fun & not nitpick the shit out of them will find it quite entertaining.

It's not a great film, but it's fun.

Last edited by dolemike on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

I hate you sometimes. Hollywood Blvd. was much cheesier than Truck Turner but I liked it a helluva lot more.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

I hate you sometimes. Hollywood Blvd. was much cheesier than Truck Turner but I liked it a helluva lot more.

Razz Neener-neener.

Go back to watching BLOODRAYNE.

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:42 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Razz Neener-neener.

Thank God you're not an obnoxious fanboy of certain films. tongue
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 pm

You two throwing mud at each other is always entertaining to watch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
You two throwing mud at each other is always entertaining to watch. Laughing

Totally here to entertain. Razz
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Razz Neener-neener.

I'm not a fanboy of TRUCK at all.

It's a good, solid, fun, popcorn flick.

You were looking for more? lol!

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Razz Neener-neener.

I guess, what I was trying to say thru this whole argument, was that Hollywood Blvd. proved to be a more entertaining popcorn flick and once Turner came on it just wasn't as entertaining to me. Maybe if I watch it by itself it'll be fine, but I just thought it couldn't compete with the first film.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Razz Neener-neener.

I guess, what I was trying to say thru this whole argument, was that Hollywood Blvd. proved to be a more entertaining popcorn flick and once Turner came on it just wasn't as entertaining to me. Maybe if I watch it by itself it'll be fine, but I just thought it couldn't compete with the first film.

That's what I thought, and was getting at in my earlier reply.

They hit you with one thing that you liked and then hit you with something else different.

It's one thing when a guy picks two different movies to watch in a row on his own, but when someone else does it it's something else. It's harder to shift gears.

I thought it sounded like a weird double bill in the 1st place.

Reminds me of seeing FERRIS BUELLER at the drive-in, back in the day and then not being able to get into the second feature THAT WAS THEN...THIS IS NOW, which is a pretty good flick, until a later rewatch.

Some flicks work as dbl. features- some not so much.

And it's usually the second feature that suffers.

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Agreed. Except for the double feature: Torso and Pieces! Torso was a good opener. And Pieces was even better for the double feature, solid time!
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
Agreed. Except for the double feature: Torso and Pieces! Torso was a good opener. And Pieces was even better for the double feature, solid time!
That does sound like a good program.

Why not start a thread chronicling your adventures at these things?

Not so much just ranking the flicks, but what it's like there. The vibe, the guests,the whole shebang.

Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 pm

dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

Not so much just ranking the flicks, but what it's like there. The vibe, the guests,the whole shebang.

You mean like saying that at the Hollywood Blvd./Truck Turner feat. QUentin, Joe Dante, John Kaplan all spoke and John Landis made an appearence???

Cuz I do that over at CinemaFrenzy.com but I'm sure I can copy and paste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Bonomonomo wrote:
dolemike wrote:
Bonomonomo wrote:

You mean like saying that at the Hollywood Blvd./Truck Turner feat. QUentin, Joe Dante, John Kaplan all spoke and John Landis made an appearence???

Cuz I do that over at CinemaFrenzy.com but I'm sure I can copy and paste Very Happy

Exactly.

Fuck CF. pirat

PostSubject: Re: Truck Turner   

Back to top Go down

Truck Turner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next